Stacked Breakfast Enchiladas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil for frying tortillas
- 12-16 La Cocina corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- 4 eggs
- Pour enchilada sauce into a skillet over medium heat until warm then lower heat to simmer.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat canola oil. Drop one tortilla at a time into hot oil and fry until softened, turning once while frying, then drain on paper towels.
- To assemble the enchiladas:
- Place a fried tortilla into the skillet of warm red sauce, coating it on both sides. Place on a plate then layer with some cheese and a sprinkle of green onion. Place another tortilla on top and repeat until you have a stack of three or four tortillas. Continue to make stacks until all ingredients are used.
- Heat a small non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Fry the eggs and place one on each stack. Add another egg if you’re extra hungry. Top with more mozza more green onion and cilantro leaves if desired.